This salsa can be used to top fish, tacos, salad or as a dip. And it’s so gorgeous if you serve it in a watermelon shell bowl… The Vitality oils add a real flavor punch. Make it ahead for your next cookout and watch it disappear!
- 3 cups watermelon – chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber or a whole garden cucumber – chopped (the smaller the cucumber the softer the skin)
- 1 small (2 inch) red onion – chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers – seeded and chopped finely
- 1 small yellow pepper – chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro – minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 drop Vitality lime essential oil
- 2 drops Vitality basil essential oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
In a large glass bowl, whisk together brown sugar, honey, cider vinegar, juice and essential oils. Add melon, vegetables to the dressing and toss to combine. Transfer to a Glass serving bowl or into a Watermelon shell instead of a bowl. Garnish with cilantro and sea salt.